SEO Data Analyst
Full-time, London/remote hybrid
A key person in the SEO team we are looking for a data analyst to:
- Analyse large scale SEO data sets for reporting, identifying key insights and finding opportunities for optimisation and growth including website traffic analysis and keyword ranking to define optimisation recommendations.
- Analyse and report on performance of SEO
- Clearly explain insights and data principles for both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the SEO team to provide insights to shape strategy and optmisation activities.
- Collaborate with the Product Development team to help with market analysis and provide insights to shape SEO product development.
- 2-3 years of demonstrable ability in a data analyst role.
- An understanding of SEO or working with SEO teams.
Strong proficiency with:
- Google Analytics, Search Console and Data Studio
- SEMRush, Ahrefs and other SEO-specific data sources and APIs
- Work in a mixture of local and cloud-based environments (Jupyter notebooks, Google Colabs, BigQuery and Mongo).
- Comfortable working in Python and using libraries such as Matplotlib
- Applied experience in building sophisticated datasets that enable data science and business intelligence.
- Data management through acquiring data, cleaning, maintaining and merging data sets to support analysis and inform strategy.
- Keeping up to date with the latest developments in data science and seeking opportunities to test new methodologies.
- Confident client-facing skills with the ability to sell in proposals and recommendations
Personal management skills
- Comfortable in a hybrid working environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Initiative and an ability to work autonomously and take the lead when needed
- Support colleagues
- Proactively identify opportunities for clients
Icing on the cake
- Undergraduate or Masters degree in a quantitative or business-focused field (eg. maths, business studies), an alternative qualification or apprenticeship.
- Experience of working with eCommerce clients in the travel and retail sectors
- Experience using business intelligence platforms
- Experience using other website analytics platforms such as Omniture
- Knowledge of SQL
What we offer:
- Hybrid remote work model (Office in Waterloo SE1)
- Competitive salary package
- Training budget
- 25 days holiday (exc bank holidays)
- Birthday off
Melt is a leading organic digital marketing agency, with a history of working with household brands and publications. Our clients include online retailers, media companies, airlines, trade bodies, and b2b tech firms
We are experts at enterprise SEO, providing automated and scale solutions to websites of vast size. Melt has delivered analysis, insights, strategy and implementation for retail, travel, healthcare, and publishing client websites ranging from tens of thousands to millions of pages.
We use a combination of proprietary tools and processes along with industry platforms and open source machine learning libraries to leverage large datasets that guide where maximum potential growth can be delivered.
If this sounds like the right role for you, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line ‘SEO Data Analyst’.
“Melt have proven to be a great support to our internal teams. Their insight has helped shape our content strategy and their on-going delivery of content, SEO and social media support has strengthened our digital offering.”
– Mail Newspapers